MATHEMATICS - Since 2003
“Mathematics is the Queen of Science and Arithmetic is the Queen of Mathematics” -CARL FRIEDRICH GAUSS
- To acquire a broad-based knowledge of this subject so as to pursue a variety of specializations.
- To inculcate logical thinking and systematic approach
- To prepare the students for competitive exams
- To update the curriculum with the latest developments
- To promote in-depth knowledge in research
- Our dynamic and energetic department has been functioning since 2003 for pass course and honour course from 2004 in our college. Research course was introduced in the year 2012. The current strength of our department is 668 UG, 74 PG and 20 M.Phil scholars.
- Adding feathers to our cap, our students excel in academic. We have produced 36 Rank Holders Since 2003
- Every year we celebrate Srinivasa Ramanujan’s birthday (National Mathematics Day) on December 22nd and we also conduct various competitions for the students.
- R.Sathyadevi II M.Sc., Mathematics got university 10th rank and also our M.Phil scholar R. Dhatchayani got university 4th rank. Our students also participated in the dance competition in the occasion of Thanthai Periyar’s Birthday Celebration.
- In the academic year 2017-18, our faculty members produced 147 centums in the university examinations.
- Mrs. E. Nargeesh Begam, M.Sc., M.Phil ., Head of the Department, has presented a paper on “A Study on Intuitionistic L. Fuzzy Metric Spaces” and our faculty Mrs. S. Suganthi, M.Sc., M.Phil., B.Ed.,(SET) has presented a paper “Matching in Fuzzy Labeling Graph” in the International conference on Mathematical methods and computation at Jamal Mohamed College, Trichy held on 11.12.2017.
- Mrs. E. Nargeesh Begam, M.Sc., M.Phil ., Head of the Department, has presented a paper “A Study on Intuitionistic L. Fuzzy sets & Interval Valued Intuitionistic L.Fuzzy sets” in XLI Indian Social Science Congress at Periyar University from 18 to 22.12.2017.
- Mrs. E. Nargeesh Begam, M.Sc., M.Phil., Head of the Department, has participated in “Enhancing Research Competency through SPSS &AMOS software” at Tagore Institute of Engineering and Technology on 12.03.2018.
- Our faculty Mrs. S. Suganthi, M.Sc., M.Phil., B.Ed.,(SET) has presented a paper “Energy of Complete Fuzzy Labeling graph through Fuzzy complete matching” in the National Conference on Recent Trends in Applied Mathematics at Bishop Heber College, Trichy on March 2.03.2018 and 3.03.2018.
- Our students have participated in various events at Jamal Mohamed College on 19.02.2018.
- Our alumni are the glittering stars who have been successfully placed in various esteemed organizations.
- We conduct Bridge course for all fresher’s
- We conduct Aptitude training program for the final year students
- Extra coaching classes and Remedial coaching classes for slow learners.
- Certificate course
- Outreach Programme
- NET, SLET Coaching classes for PG Students.