ENGLISH - Since 2003
"The Purpose of Literature is to turn blood into ink."
English Literature is a diverse and exciting subject. Students who opt for this course are not only offered the opportunity of reading and responding to a large spectrum of novels, plays and poetry but also the possibility of engaging with several wider issues that are deeply relevant to our lives.
- To reinforce listening, speaking, reading and writing skills and cultivate a value – added life to face challenges and achieve excellence.
- To educate students in both the artistry and utility of the English language through the study of literature and other contemporary forms of culture.
- To make students aware of the different communicative skills, and to develop among them an ability to communicate effectively in English, both in written and spoken modes.
- To provide students with the critical faculties necessary in an academic environment, on the job, and in an increasingly complex, interdependent world.
- The syllabus of this program is aimed at preparing the students with the latest developments and put them on the right track to fulfill the present requirements.
- Blog Spot
- Language Lab
- Films & Documentaries
- Books Gallery
- Bridge Courses
- Produced 29 Rank Holders
- Conducted outreach programmes at the adopted villages
- Introduced blog
- Bridge course for fresher
- our department conducting remedial class for slow learners
- Training programme on interview facing skills for all the final year UG & PG
- Our department consists of 32 staff members with I UG- 150, II UG- 158, III UG- 140 students along with PG- 67 students and 15 M. Phil scholars.
- R. Sumithra from I BA English is the one who is selected for the HDFC scholarship.
- S. Bharathi from III BA English won first place in Marathon regarding Dengue Awareness.
- S. Bharathi from III BA English has attended state level Republic Day Parade Camp held from January 17.01.2018 to 26. 01. 2018.
- S. Bharathi from III BA English has attended Pre- Republic Day selection camp held at Kerala for 10 days.
- Our staff members B. Abirami, J. Najma Begum and C. Nithya along with our final year PG students attended one day International Workshop held at Govt Arts and Science College, Rasipuram.
- Staff members J. Indhumathi and K. Madhumitha attended Faculty Development Programme held at Mangalore given by Infosys.
- Staff members K. Madhumitha and R. Kohila attended NSS Orientation Programme held at Coimbatore
- S. Barkathunisha from II BA English, R. Ranjitha and S. Gowsalya from II MA English has attended Speech competition regarding Republic Day held at Periyar University
- G. Sriyazhini, R. Mirudhula, R. Tharani, R. Supriya, K. Suguna, P. Gayathri from III BA English have been selected in the Interview which was conducted by Sylbox Company in our college on 19.12.2017.
- 23 students from Department of English attended and won various prizes in the competition named AUSTENKEATS CORNUCOPIA 2018 held at Periyar University on 31st Jan 2018.
- Faculty members and M.Phil Scholars published papers in the reputed online Journal entitled as International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts (IJCRT)
- 35 Research Papers were published in National and International Journals by our faculty members.
- Conducted NET/SLET coaching for Faculty and PG Students